Friday, May 29, 2009

Hot time, summer in the city

Heading into another summer weekend, trying to get by... Once again it's busy and will likely come with many food temptations, but I'm trying to offset the damage by signing up for extra exercise.  I went to the gym this morning and got in 20 minutes on various weight machines followed by a 4 mile run.  That's my longest gym session in the last few weeks, so it felt good.  

Tonight G and I are volunteering to help a friend pull carpet and start painting a new home. We did all this stuff ourselves last year, and I know how exhausting and calorie-burning it can be. Of course, I gained weight while we were doing it because we always ended the day with pizza or fast food--definitely a "two sides of the coin" thing here.  

Kristi of KristiSummer recently posted about unexpected exercise, and that's sort of my mindset with these summer weekends.  I'm not training for a run any more so I don't get those looong runs to counterbalance any bad behavior.  Instead, I'm trying to gravitate (and convince others around me) toward active events instead of barbecues, eating out, drinking, etc.

Wish I had more interesting stuff to say, funny stories to tell, but I don't.  Oh la.

No comments:

Post a Comment