Wednesday, May 27, 2009

link: NYTimes Well blog marathon series

The title says it all, but the New York Times has an interesting constellation of posts about marathon running.  I'm most interest in Tara Parker-Pope's reports on going from couch potato to marathon runner.  She's had some critics in the comments, suggesting that this isn't the healthiest approach, but she's determined to go forward. 

My only critique so far is that she alludes to being a high school athlete and occasional runner, and then "putting on weight," but I don't really know what that means.  Is she a porker like me, or is she one of those "I had a baby so there's a little flab on my tummy OMFG!" folks?  I hear such contradictory stuff about how running affects people at different weights, and I'd like to know what her general level of health is.

Stories are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment