Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Biggest Loser Breakdown

Because of the craziness last week, I didn't have a chance to write about Biggest Loser.  I LOVED last week's episode.  I sat there dribbling tears all through the welcome home scenes, and then through the entire half-marathon montage.  I kept trying to suck it up because I knew my dad would be arriving any minute and he has no patience for reality TV, but I just couldn't stop.  I was really impressed by most of the contestants' time.  At this point, except for Kristen and Ron, they are pretty much all in better shape and weigh proportionally less than I do.  Good for them. (Boo for me--I liked thinking I was better off.)

Last night's episode was pretty dull.  The fake drama over choosing trainers, the fake drama over giving Tara the extra weight.  Why isn't this show an hour long?  I did enjoy Tara's comeback on the racetrack.  I'm wondering if she waterloaded last night, and if that means she'll have a killer loss next week.  It's hard to tell how bodies will react to those shenanigans now that they're all so trim.

Finally, can someone explain why they keep voting off weaker players and letting the threats stick around?  (Except for Dane a few weeks back, which was the opposite kind of bad decision because his team needed him to stick around.)  I love Survivor, and I would be happy for this show to explain the alliances and deals that are obviously going on behind the scenes, but it's like they think viewers are so stupid that we believe they really are voting Aubrey off because she isn't losing weight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment