Friday, March 13, 2009

diet books

Yesterday I stopped by Barnes and Noble to pick up The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl.  As I was scanning the shelves for the book, I was startled by how many ridiculous diet books are out there.  I mean, I'm no idiot, I know there are lots of people out there looking for miracle cures, but I really thought that the excessively ridiculous diets appeared only in infomercials and websites.  I couldn't believe that someone could actually publish a book called "The Lemon Juice Diet," or one that seemed to be about how women in the Hamptons keep weight off.  The picture on the front of that one was a blender with celery and carrots in it.  Um, yum?  I can't wait to try it?  What a sustainable approach???

Luckily, I found the dietgirl book and read the first 1/4 of it while enjoying a fairly healthy dinner at Panera.  I did half of the Mediterranean veggie sandwich, a cup of French onion soup, and a baguette.  Lots of carbs, but a grand total of 14 points, which I could afford because I had eaten light and done my 3 mile run earlier in the day.  I'll take a sensible approach over cabbage soup, thankyouverymuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment