Wednesday, March 11, 2009

links: Michelle O and a running tale

Two interesting health-related articles in the NYTimes today:

The first is about Michelle Obama's commitment to healthy eating, not just for her family, but as part of an agenda.  I say Go Michelle! [Chandler voice]  Could she be any more of a role model?  It will be interesting to see how her agenda takes shape  in terms of concrete items, and the kind of effect it might have.  I don't have a ton of hope that America will suddenly learn how to eat healthy and exercise, but I'm sure her commitment won't hurt.

The other is from the Proof blog, which I enjoy reading every once in a while--it's basically a bunch of people telling stories about drinking.  Right up my alley, right?  This entry tells the story of how a woman gave up alcohol and ended up running a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment