Monday, March 9, 2009

weigh in/week 9 reflection

Down 1.5, for a grand total of 17.5 pounds lost.  Holla!

Seriously, I didn't know what to expect this week, what with being sick and missing my exercise early on.  I felt pretty good yesterday.  I went for a 4.5 mile run on the mean streets of Philadelphia.  The first half of the run I felt very self-conscious, because it was my first time running "in public"--that is, not on a treadmill or in a designated exercise location.  I was going so slowly (14.5 minute miles, woo yeah!).  My one hope was that people who saw me thought "Gee, there's a girl jogging slowly" rather than, "Gee, she should be in the hospital."  It was kind of funny to run past people sitting out for an elegant brunch and imagining them cringing away from any flop sweat.  The other cool thing about running in Philadelphia is glancing up and seeing Independence Hall.

G and I went to dinner at Bonefish Grill last night--our first time at that fine establishment.  We had a gift card, and figured we could do better (in terms of calories) there than some other chain restaurant.  I really wanted to be perfect this weekend, but we ended up splitting the fried calamari as an appetizer, and eating several small pieces of bread.  I still think my grilled shrimp with broccoli and potatoes was better than a burger and fries, though.  And I managed to leave some of the potatoes on the plate.  Not the lowest-calorie meal ever, but not too bad as the singular weekend treat.

In other news, and this is not a euphemism, I seem to have pulled a muscle in my stomach by rolling over in bed.  Not quite sure how that happened, but I'm wondering how it will affect the pushups.  We'll see!

Current weight:  194
Pounds to goal: 71


3 comments:

  1. Did you find it easier, or harder, to run outside vs the treadmill? I find it easier. I like the feeling of the road under my feet. My sister, on the other hand, HATES running outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the loss this week!

    One day, I'll be brave enough to run outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee: I'm so excited to get asked a question that I'm going to write a post on it! Look for it soon.

    Tara: Thanks for the congrats! And you will be brave enough to run outside!

    ReplyDelete