Tuesday, January 13, 2009

goals

In order to break myself out of the second-week slump, I've decided to concentrate on my goals.  I don't like to orient myself too much around week-to-week weight loss goals, because I know things can fluctuate.  Instead, I'm looking forward to three events this year that I would like to feel good for.

The first is my cousin's wedding in March, which will be the next time I see my family.  One of the absolute worst things about being heavy is seeing someone after an absence and knowing that you weigh more than you did the last time they saw you.  I hate the feeling that my parents will see me and think, "That's too bad, looks like she's gained a few."  Of course they love me unconditionally, but they want me to be healthy and happy, and they can't help but notice.  So, for the wedding on March 21, I would like to be in the 195 pound range.  That would mean a loss of about 12 pounds in the next 10 weeks.  It's a little bit of a tall order--I usually hope for about a pound a week--but I think I can do it.

I also have a good friend's wedding at the end of May, and my brother-in-law's wedding in late August.  After each wedding, I'll evaluate my progress and set a more specific goal for the next one.  The brother-in-law wedding will definitely necessitate a new dress, and I'd love to be able to go shopping for it feeling great about how I look.

No comments:

Post a Comment