Monday, January 12, 2009

weigh-in/week 1 reflection

OK.  Yesterday was my cheat day, but I tried not to overdo it.  For example, I ate only six chicken wings when there was a whole bowl of them sitting in front of me for several hours, and I LOVE chicken wings.  I'm counting that as a victory, dammit.  I also ate some bread and cheese, and then for dinner, G made sausage and peppers.  I had two sausages, and one and a half rolls.  After eating light all week this sounds like a lot, but honestly, compared to the way we've been eating lately, this was really not that bad.  I'm especially proud that we managed not to eat out at all this week, and I think that if we can continue to avoid the delivery/takeout stuff, it will be really good for us.  (And we'll save money!  Bonus!)

I did drink quite a bit last night.  I don't want to write it down because it seems so excessive, but the whole point here is honesty, so here it is: 3 beers, a vodka with lemon, and 3 scotches.  For the record, I can hold my liquor, so while this amount might make some people sloppy drunk or even puking drunk, it just made me drunkish.  I'm not presenting that as something positive necessarily, but just clarifying that I didn't get puking drunk last night.  Yay me?

On to other things.  I weighed in this morning.  207.5  Which means I lost four pounds last week.  I should feel great about that, but in fact, this is where it really hits me how much I weigh right now.  All through the fall I was hovering at just above 200 pounds.  That 7.5 pounds
that I have to lose to get back to where I was before the holidays isn't going to come off quickly, and I won't really feel like I have made any progress until it does.  So I'm discouraged.  I don't feel like exercising, either.

The good news is, I have my meals planned for the week, and I'm not in any way tempted to go out and eat McDonalds or something like that--I'm still feeling positive about eating well.  Onward and upward.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Four pounds is a good start, especially since you haven't had to give up alcohol to get there.

    ReplyDelete