Friday, February 20, 2009

diet blogs

I spent all day (seriously) yesterday reading through the DietGirl archives.  I assumed there was a world of diet blogs out there, but I had never sought them out.  My tastes run more to the entertainment oriented blogs--how shallow and lame of me!  Anyway, I enjoyed her writing style so much, and was very inspired by her story.  When I started this blog I envisioned myself writing consistent, funny, heartwarming, inspiring entries, which would inspire a devoted readership, culminating with a movie deal.  After about a week or so, I realized that would be hard.  So I have pretty much just used this as a place to be accountable to the ether, noting what I eat and occasionally posting a link or venting, but not deluding myself that people were reading.

After reading DietGirl, though, I'd like to use this blog more as a journal.  I have a food journal where I track my points, but I'd like to make myself write more reflective pieces here.  I'm still going to write everything I eat, even though it makes the blog look pretty boring, because it's helpful for me and it may be helpful for someone else at some point.

In any case, if you want a laugh out loud funny, poignant, and arse-kicking read, head on over to DietGirl.  One warning though--as inspiring as it is to see how far she's come, if you read through the whole archive in one day, you may find yourself forgetting that it took her around 5 years to reach her goal.  Slow and steady wins the race, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment