Monday, February 23, 2009

weigh in/week 7 reflection

Phwoar!

That's a word that I keep seeing on DietGirl as I continue my trek through her archives--if only it burned calories like a real trek.

Anyway, I'm saying Phwoar! today because I weighed in and the scales moved down. 4 pounds, to be exact. For those paying close attention, that's actually 4 pounds in 3 weeks because I didn't weigh last week and hadn't lost the week before, but still, I'll take it. I wasn't surprised because I'd been weighing everyday, nervous that my actions last weekend would result in a massive midweek gain. Luckily, they didn't. However, I am now going to forbid myself from weighing in except for on Mondays. It worked well this week since the scale was going down, but I don't want to set myself up for feeling crappy due to random bodily fluctuations.

Week 7 was pretty good--the only major temptation was last night's Oscar party. I hoarded flex points during the week and didn't eat much all day, then let myself enjoy the food--which wasn't even that bad, pita and hummus and a few chocolates. Unfortunately I also enjoyed the booze, which resulted in a pity party this morning. I've also got that hangover grease craving thing going on, so I'm trying to resist.

My mini-goals for this week:
1. Don't weigh myself.
2. No excessive drinking on the weekend.
3. Keep working to figure out some kind of weight training routine.

Current weight: 197 pounds. (Down 14.5 overall).

No comments:

Post a Comment