Friday, February 27, 2009

fat jeans

I'd like to think my puny 15 pound weight loss is visible, but I don't think it is.  However, my size 20 jeans now slip down past my (decidedly flat) butt-cheeks whenever I climb stairs.  To be honest, they were big when I bought them, but they were only $7!  I mean, who can pass up mildly stylish $7 jeans?  (Bitten by Sarah Jessica Parker at Steve and Barry's going out of business sale.)

Anyway, they are now no longer an option, because of the aforementioned butt-slip issues.*  I have retired them, but they are hanging out in my closet in the hope that one day I will be one of those people who takes a picture of herself holding up fat jeans while wearing teeny tiny skinny person jeans and says, "Look how far I've come!"  

Even if I were to attribute their looseness to being worn out and too big initially, Wednesday morning I fit into a pair of pants that I hadn't worn since last winter.  I tried them on earlier this winter and it was a no-go, so it was with a sense of surprise and satisfaction that I zipped them up this time around.  And I felt great--I walked with a swagger and purpose in those damn pants.  

Then I caught a glance of myself in a mirror and felt like a fat schlub.  Tried to shake it off, but the swagger was gone.  Oh well.  Can't rush things.

*I don't know if it's because of my peculiar shape, being overweight, or wearing ratty old clothes, but for the last 6 months or so, EVERYTHING has been slipping off my butt.  Not so much pants, but my underwear.  I'll be walking along when suddenly it goes past the hips, the cheeks, and ends up balled around my crotchal area.  I have a really oddly shaped rear, which I will not go into details about, but this is a new problem.  I'm hoping that with some more weight loss and a few new pairs of undies, I won't have to constantly be reaching my hands into my pants to drag them back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment