Monday, February 2, 2009

weigh-in/first month

I was down four pounds this morning, bringing my total to 10 pounds in the first month. It feels great, although it took a while for the scale to settle, and I'm a little worried that it's not entirely accurate. But...who cares! I'll take it!

This weekend was tough, but I managed to meet most of the goals I had set for myself. I enjoyed myself Friday night without drinking too much. I exercised Saturday morning and made good choices at lunch (I ordered hummus while everyone else had a burger and fries; I ordered diet coke while the others had beer; I refrained from the gelato that everyone else had). Saturday night at the party was a little rough--I had a few too many potato chips dipped in French Onion dip (the Forthright Fattie's kryptonite right there) and didn't need chili AND pizza. But, I must say, I usually would have put away several pieces of pizza and eaten twice as many chips, so I felt OK with my behavior. And I stuck to Diet Coke at the bar we went to after.

Sunday I managed a perfect day, enjoyed my food, and for the first time in years, did not gorge during the Superbowl.

I feel very good about how this first month has gone, but I'm trying to keep in mind that 10 pounds/month will not happen often. I want to feel as good about the decisions I've made as I do about the scale, because I can control my decisions and I can't control the scale.

Edited:  good lord, there's a type.  I initially wrote that my current weight is 101.5.  That's not even wishful thinking, that's downright delusional.

Current weight: 201.5

No comments:

Post a Comment