Tuesday, February 17, 2009

week 6 reflection

When you join Weight Watchers, they give you a "free pass," which you can use on a week that you don't feel like weighing in.  I decided to use a free pass this week, kind of.  I did weigh myself, and learned that I gained a half pound last week, but I'm not writing that down in my journal or considering it official.  I don't know, it makes sense to me.

To be honest, I was glad to have only gained a pound.  I did well during the week, and even did OK most of the weekend.  Friday G and I did a long walk-run, and Saturday we spent a good couple hours walking around the neighborhood with guests, so at least we were active.  And while I ate some pretty serious food, we didn't eat, like, piles of french fries and pizza or anything.  Or dessert, really.

About midway through the weekend I decided to just eat what looked good and not stress about the consequences.  This is the first time in the six weeks that I've done that--there have been days when I've gone over my points, but I still tracked everything that went into my mouth and attempted to account for it.  Sunday I just ate what I felt like, which apparently included buffalo wings.  While it may not have been the best choice, I think that at certain points it can be helpful for the long run to indulge cravings.

Now I'm back on track, with a solid Monday and a good gym session under my belt.  Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment